Friday, October 2, 2009

City Of Hope day 3 (day -7 countdown to transplant day 0)

Psalm 57:1-3

“O God, have pity, for I am trusting You. I will hide beneath the shadow of Your wings until this storm is past. I will cry to the God of heaven who does such wonders for me. He will send down help from heaven to save me, because of His love and His faithfulness.”

WHEW!! After meeting with my doctor Wednesday, I was ready to BOLT out of here!! He explained the negative aspects of this stem cell transplant..not that we hadn’t been informed of the ‘downside’ of this curative journey..but he got even more technical and explicit…Believe me, I will continue to focus on the positive road! Period!

Needless to say, this is quite an intricate process….I began chemo Wednesday night and thus far haven’t had any problems, appetite good, no nausea etc.. …will continue to receive it nightly through Sunday, then I’ve been warned the transplant drugs I begin on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday will be very tough, harsh….will probably transfer to liquid food for quite some time..

Today, they surgically inserted a Hickman catheter in my chest/neck…I needed 2 platelet transfusions for the procedure. The areas are painful, bruised and swollen but should subside soon, I hope! Of course, pain medication is easing the discomfort..I am grateful for these kinds of drugs..this ‘hotel’ has it all..ha-ha..

Well, I’ll close for now..Soon to receive 3rd dose of ‘normal’ chemo..

Abbey has had a little difficulty sleeping, but being home with Bill will hopefully limit her anxiety..Bill’s had a little ‘cat on a hot tin roof’ syndrome, but of course, has been very supportive and focused..and I love him so much!

Again, I thank you all for your prayers. We know God, the great physician, has provided some truly wonderful earthly medical care..I know many of you have your own trials..some severe..and life altering..yes, try to see the positive, there is still much to be thankful for..

Much Love…

PS. An amusing note** The Dr. said this part of the journey at the 'hotel' will be approx. 40days and 40 nights..dwell on that awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Tell us more about your "hotel" room and the accomodations. Include pictures if you can.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete